Saturday, February 2, 2013

Everyone please pause for my genius

Do you ever feel inspired to write, but you don't know what to write about? That's not how it usually happens for me-- I feel inspired about something specific I want to get down on paper, so I go and I write it. But today, I feel this urge to create with words, yet I'm having no specific ideas...

Last night I dreamed I was at a writer's conference with famous YA novelists. John Green was there and Maureen Johnson, Patrick Ness (whom I've never even seen a pic of, so I guess my own made-up version of him was there), among others. And they were treating me like I was one of their own, and we were all discussing writing and writing together. And I kept thinking that I was such a fraud because they were treating me like one of them, and I was letting them, yet I'd never finished my novel.

At one point, I had this inspiration for a sentence, and I just stopped everyone so I could write it down. Like John was saying something, and I held up my finger all, "Wait, the genius must write" or something and scribbled down this sentence:

He was all sharp angles and rounded edges, elbows, knees, and shoulder blades.

What?

2 comments:

  1. Last night I had a dream some guy was going to rape me. I won't call it a "rape dream" because I woke up just before. Good times! Trade you....

    (I've been keeping a dream journal and man, I'm not even upset. That entry was gold. Very VERY vivid dream, that was.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! No deal. I'll keep my writing dream, thanks.

      I've always had such vivid dreams-- it often takes a few seconds to realize it's not true when I wake-- even those wonderful flying ones.

      Could you see his face? Have you looked up possible meanings?

      Delete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.