Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hustle-bustle writing

Last night, I dreamed about writing. I was writing and working on things, but stuck and struggling. Still, it was an oddly positive feeling, like at least I was trying. Also, John Green was there in a library that was haunted, which was pretty cool too.

I have to write a devotional for my college, and I'm really blocked. This is why I HATE having a subject matter given to me with deadlines. (Kinda like I do to my students all semester long, wut?)

It has to be a Christmas kind of devotional. I was thinking of using Isaiah 9:6 because I love that song, and it's a little off the Christmas Scripture's normally beaten path, though still very much about the first coming of Jesus.

For some reason, I keep thinking of Robert Frost's poem, "Stopping By Woods on  Snowy Evening." It feels very Christmas-y to me, what with the snow and harness bells, even if it does have a bit of darkness to it.

This is why I'm not in journalism. That and I never took any courses on journalism. And also because I wrote for publication that one year and hated it-- the deadlines... the bustle... the bylines. Okay, it wasn't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.