Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Toe pick!

Did I mention I started ice skating lessons with my sons last week? I mean, I'm taking the lessons and so are they. When I was younger, I taught myself to get around the rink without hugging the wall, but I've some bad habits to break.

Last week, I was dripping sweat, like just drenched, which is awesome. I mean, it's not awesome if you care what you look or smell like, but it's awesome if you're learning to skate and burning up a few calories at the same time.

I don't think the instructor will be able to teach me to skate backwards... I just don't see myself ever being able to do that. Mike (who played hockey in high school) tried to teach me when we were first married, and I just couldn't get it, no matter how I tried.

We'll see.

I'm sure I'll be doing stuff like this in no time... minus the puffy-headed guy starting at my chest...


4 comments:

  1. Fun! I learned to roller blade backwards first, and then the skating backwards was easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've been thinking I should get some roller blades for practicing in between lessons.

      Delete
  2. That cat Mike joke could be an actual joke that a standup would tell. Like in the 50s... Admittedly, it's not as funny planned out like that, but it's still very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His reaction to things always amuses me because it's just not what mine would usually be-- like "whatever was on tv must have been really good to get her clapping..."

      Delete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.