Monday, September 17, 2012

I hate magicians

I won a ticket for a front row seat to hear John Green read at the Cincinnati Library! I was very excited when I first found out.

But then I really started to picture it, and now I wonder if it's going to be okay. I'm not saying I'm giving up my seat or anything, but... stuff like this is awkward to me. Basically live performances of any kind (except for bands, why are bands okay?) make me nervous, embarrassed, and uncomfortable.

So why does it feel a little like when your mom hires a magician for your party and you're all nervous and sick inside because you're worried he won't be good or your friends won't like him or, worst of all, he'll lock eyes with you just before he pulls the rabbit from the hat?

Am I the only one that is embarrassed and uncomfortable with stuff like that?

I'm a teacher. I can stand in front of 30 some kids and teach and talk and be just fine, but put me in a front row where things are live and there are variables and someone else is up there... performing... and... I'll start getting nauseous and worried the lion tamer's chair will break.



2 comments:

  1. I would be a little uncomfortable too but still would definitely go. I love most of his books, especially The Fault in our Stars and Looking for Alaska. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm definately going. I really liked LFA, and Paper Towns arrived yesterday, and TFiOS is coming in the mail any day now. I hope to have them all read and ready to be signed! No matter how uncomfortable... lol

      Delete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.