Monday, February 6, 2012

Back on the Horse

Habits. Quitting the bad ones and forming good ones-- supposedly if you can do something for 30 days straight (or not do it) whichever way it is, that becomes your habit. So, eating really badly for like several years straight, haha, which is SO EASY, is a habit. So, today was just day one of South Beach. I'm craving carbs HARD and have a headache.

I can't wait until week 1 is over.

Two other habits I'd like to cultivate? Daily Bible reading and daily writing sessions.

30 days and I'm good... right?

2 comments:

  1. If the cravings are that bad when you quit something, you know it's bad for you. Headache? Sheesh. Maybe that's the caffeine though... are you quitting that? I quit soda and it's amazing how my craving for junk food left. For instance, chips? So easy to resist. Something about soda and junk food go together. Anyway, random.

    I would say you have to eat well for a year before it gets easy. That's how it was for me. I remember struggling months into my 30 pound diet. Just think though... you're eating healthier. That's what matters, and why wouldn't you want to do that forever. It does make you feel better (after you detox).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote I recall, and experienced was 21 days, three weeks to modify behavior. Sounds better?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.