Friday, January 6, 2012

Focus on the Positives

I'm good at relaying feeling and tone in my writing. It's my gift. I struggle with dialogue, but I'm aces with character (right up until the dialogue has to happen, haha). But I can work on dialogue, and some of it's good, especially the "feeling" kind of dialogue.

Anyway, that's something I'm good at and something I'm sort of bad at. Something else I'm bad at? Willpower to get it done. Also something I can work on.

And since I'm in love with the idea of fresh starts, second chances, and resolutions, here are a few of mine for this year:

Reach my goal weight by May/June.

Spend time with my God.

Help my son get back on track with school.

Write my freaking novel. Get that first draft out by spring. Totally doable.

Apply to grad school... I think. This one needs thought and deliberation. This may or may not be the right year for that.

Bake a souffle. Chocolate or cheese, either one.

I'm sure I'll think of others. I'd like to read a book a week. Spend more time with all three of my boys, travel to a new state. I'm trying to talk the husband into a trip to Nashville. I've got to get out beyond the borders we've drawn for ourselves!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great. I'm trying to finish the draft of my novel by the spring too. April, I'm thinking. I'm hoping this thought will keep me going: "Don't let this year turn into last year." Last year I was so much more lazy about getting the writing done.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.