Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Fascinations and Bad Habits

Midnight Me is happy and free and feeling the quiet house. Morning me HATES midnight me. Stupid midnight me, ruining everything.

I haven't been this tired in a long time. I'm always saying I'm tired, and I've learned that like 80% of the time that really means "I'm bored" or "I must beat the air with meaningless words because it's quiet." But today? Today, all I wanted in the world was to lie back down on my comfy, comfy bed and just sleep until it's not morning anymore. Fall-back hour and all.

It's midnight me's fixation with something new that is to blame. Over the weekend I celebrated my birthday. It was awesome. Dinner out, breakfast out, a dozen yellow roses (my favorite), a gorgeous pink and white chocolate cake, money for Amazon, seeing Wicked in Cincinnati, 100 cash, a shopping spree with the husband, AND. AND FINAL FANTASY XII FOR PS2. This game, people, this game. I had no idea the Final Fantasy games were pretty much just like the Tales games-- RPG and story and beautiful graphics. I never should have started, folks, because now it's all that I want to do.

There aren't a lot of kids to tutor today, so I may actually get some grading done after all.

You know it's bad when you've developed a bit of a crush on a make-believe person in a video game. But there it is.

But seriously. midnight me? If you're listening, just put the controller down and GO TO SLEEP.

1 comment:

  1. Haha he is very cute.

    I've never played Final Fantasy but I'm sure I would get hooked too, and well, who has the time. Maybe when I'm unemployed again. (That's when I picked up World of Warcraft.)

    Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.