Thursday, October 6, 2011

Patterns, Reasoning, and Faith

I went back through my posts, and I found a pattern. It's a pattern of always having too many papers to grade and not being incredibly motivated to grade them. It's a pattern of doing a lot of them at the same time instead of spacing them out.

I don't think this pattern will change anytime soon, it's just one I noticed. Hmmm...

In other news, anytime I start to think God is removed from our daily lives, our little ideas, etc. I read Psalm 139 and return to the conviction that He sees it all, and more than that, He does care. Else David's a liar and not the man after His own heart.

I've decided to reread (or read for the first time? I honestly can't remember if I read it in high school or not) Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis. Lewis must have spent the majority of his time thinking on spiritual things and how they work together, how to present them to those who don't believe as well as those who have become complacent about their faith. I've heard it said that he is the thinking man's Christian, to which I say, I hope we all "think." Faith and reason are compatible.

The day is red, gold, and orange. Clear and bright. I love fall in Ohio.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's just a pattern of you posting as an act of procrastination, which is a pretty normal blogging activity. And the main thing you procrastinate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. It is one of many ways I justify my procrastination-- somehow I feel better if I write about it and admit it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.