Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just Getting Through It

I'm doing a gratitude journal along with my comp students. And it's good for me.

I need to go grocery shopping-- after class, before piano lessons (for my sons, not for me). I will not be done with this day until 6. I can't wait until Saturday morning. I'm all about the sleeping in that will occur.

Tomorrow I meet with my oldest sons' teachers, a meeting I set up. Three weeks in, and he's missing assignments. I know some would tell me to let my son fail and see the consequences of his actions, but I'm not going to let a 14 year old make stupid decisions that he doesn't realize will impact his future. Yes, we've told him, but do you remember 14? High school is the world, and it's difficult to see past it. I won't give up on him. He'll do all of his own work, but I'll be there making sure he does.

Even if it kills me... bah.

So if I'm handwriting my gratitude journal, I guess this has turned into my complaining journal. I'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.