Saturday, January 15, 2011

Writing Prompt #61

Write a brief profile of your parents

Linda, my mom.
Kind. She is one of the strongest women I've ever known. She loves with so much honesty, and everyone loves her. Friends of mine used to say they wished she were their mom, which didn't surprise me. I've always felt so blessed to have her as my mother because she's so much better than I am-- kinder, sweeter, charismatic-- people are drawn to her kind eyes and her willingness to help.

Ron, my dad.
My dad is quiet concern and hard work. When he begins a job, he follows it through, careful to do it right. When he's on the case or when he's driving, I can sleep, I can rest, knowing it will all get done and done well. We'll reach our destination safely, the light will get installed. He's light hearted, young enough to run with the grandkids and keep them giggling. And tender. He's got a steady head in a crisis and a tender heart when you're hurt.

I am so thankful to have two parents who still love each other and pray for me, thinking always of their children and grandchildren before themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.