Tuesday, October 19, 2010

#1, baby

A friend of mine with a radio show (which you can check out here) posted this article. Ask me if I'm surprised that #4 is teaching and #1 is being a working parent. Nope. This particular week, I believe that very easily, considering I've spent an hour in the hospital waiting for my youngest to have a CAT scan, which caused me to miss getting my grades finished and to call off classes for tomorrow.

He's fine, by the way. Well, he's in pain, but it should be fixable. But stressful? My life? Please. Lately, it's my bread and butter. I will never get my grading caught up... if I could just get full time somewhere so I can cut back on the amount I work. (no you didn't read that incorrectly)

And anyone reading this already knows me, so I guess I'm just ranting because tonight it feels good.

In closing, I will say this: At least with both teaching and being a mom, the rewards outweigh the stress.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he's okay. Praying for him. And you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's all about perspective. This morning I am so thankful it wasn't more serious and, hey, a day off of classes may be the thing that allows me to catch up on the mountain of grading. God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.