Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting in Gear

Fall will officially arrive today. However, the temperatures are not cooperating! High 80s, close to 90s for the week, until Saturday when things cool down. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

With Fall comes one of my favorite things-- something I think about pretty much all year from time to time: Nanowrimo! I even kept their link in my main toolbar, staring at me just under the igoogle banner. I plan to partake, busy or not. Last year, I was able to pound out five chapters or some 20,000 words. Not the 50 grand they aim for, but I was writing, so good. Of course, I had to toss those chapters once I talked with my writing group and realized my protagonist just isn't the 14-year-old I was hoping she'd be. She's 19, darn her, and this changes everything. I fought it a bit until I realized they were, as usual, right. (darn them) So, I've sketched out some scenes, started replanning. The setting is the same, the main characters are the same (one's just older) the supporting cast will change a bit too now. Can't have her falling for a 14-year-old boy, now can we? Can we...? No, we can't. haha.

Here's to caffeine and rewrites. If you're doing Nanowrimo, look me up and add-- motherofboys247. I'll see you there in November!

1 comment:

  1. Even me and all my love of inappropriate romance finds something incredibly awkward about a 19-year-old liking a 14-year-old boy. There's something wrong there. It's not even plausible, haha. (I know you weren't doing that, you just made me think about it.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.