Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Seacrest, anyone? And currently reading...

I have to get this out of the way-- I find Ryan Seacrest very attractive. There, I said it. I always have. I find it interesting that other people don't; is it the height? The cocky attitude? Or is he just not universally cute?

Okay, now that I've got that out of the way...

I'm reading two books right now. Everything is Illuminated for my book club and Dead Connection for fun.

Everything is Illuminated is breathtaking in spots. Bits of prose and ideas that make me read them again before I can turn the page; at other times, it's funny. Good stuff, glad I had to read it for book club because I'm not sure I would have otherwise... wait, I'm sure I wouldn't have because I actually picked it up after reading several reviews, then put it down because it requires a little discipline to get past the accent of the first chapter. It goes back and forth between this heavily accented bit and the beautiful (normal?) prose. Two narrators. I don't know, it just works. I'll write more when I actually finish it.

Dead Connection is one of those books with a great premise that just doesn't deliver. It's not terrible by any means, but it's like it got lazy. It didn't finish in the same way it started. But eh. It's YA, not mainstream literary.

I'm a reading girl these days. Sleeping in, watching TV, grading papers, reading. This week has been such a welcome respite from the previous weeks.

Motivation for much beyond this eludes me. For now. I'm sure I'll soon be ready to take the world by storm. Or quiet, steady rain.

3 comments:

  1. It's his face. I like his cocky attitude (Hey, it's me), but his face and his voice just don't do it for me. It's not even the height... It's his baked-on tan, and his hidden eyes, and how his hair doesn't stand out from his skin.....

    (Oddly enough, his voice is much hotter on the radio. It's got more grain to it.)

    But I need sharp eyes. Eyes that stand out. That's why I can say Simon is attractive, because he has large eyes. ALTHOUGH he also has a fake tan, but whatever. I wouldn't kick it out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most attractive picture I've seen of him, but do you see how everything is the same color?

    http://30tocure30.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/ryan-seacrest-788778.jpg

    With blue eyes, and slightly different lips, POP. He'd pop.

    I mean, he's an 9 out of 10, but we're talking celebrities. The finest of the fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pic. I don't know, there's something rugged about his looks, even though he's about as un-rugged in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.