Thursday, March 11, 2010

Promises carry more weight when it rains

I promised my boys I would make them a big breakfast before school tomorrow-- eggs, pancakes, the works. Which means, I've got to go to sleep soon, as my oldest gets up at 6 for a 6:50 a.m. bus.

It rained today, was warmer, but somehow with the rain, there was a chill to the edge making me sip my coffee slower, take a hotter bath, wish I had a better book to curl up with.

I started Alli last week. It's really clarified my eating issues; mostly, that I snack at night whether I'm hungry or not, and it's not just a boredom thing, it's a compulsion. I feel "off," even a bit panicky without something to munch on during American Idol and Project Runway. Don't bother leaving tips, I've heard them all before. Fact is, I've got to make the decision not to eat after a certain time and stick to it. Plain ol' self discipline. I realize that I don't have a lot of that because, quite frankly, as an adult, I don't have to many times. My self discipline muscle is weak and out of shape.

Tomorrow is a day of possibility with some cleaning, some grading, and those oh-so-early breakfast promises.

2 comments:

  1. No tips. Just a quote,

    "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

    Winston Churchill, 1941

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all things Churchill. So, I guess I shouldn't... give in? :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.