Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Change Will Do You Good

What if small changes really do yield big results? I watched Ruby tonight, and she realized that she was going to have to change some things in her life in order to attain her goals.

Why do we expect different results when doing the same thing? Changing our routine or atmosphere in little ways may be enough to rejuvenate our writing, gain a new perspective, or reach a goal.

I've decided that after this current batch is gone, I'm going to try to give up diet pop. It might kill me. No, seriously, haha, I love my pop, but this study has me thinking I love it too much.

I also think I need to change my schedule, get up earlier, go to bed earlier. I'll start with these two and see where it goes. Bedtime of 11:30 p.m., which is early for me. Wake up by 9 a.m. (this means, putting the kids on the bus and only going back to bed for an hour, not two or three like I have been).

And we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, artificial sweeteners, man. They trigger an insulin spike, which contributes to anxiety/rage.

    I have this theory that artificial sweeteners exaggerate my anxiety, and one day I will test that out. In that day, Perrier will be my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I don't like about soda, what I really don't like, is that as soon as I have one I cannot wait to have another. And I'm offended by that, that craving. I swear THEY are putting something in there to get me craving so fast.
    I am a water girl, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Laura! I gave up pop myself and now that my taste buds have adjusted I don't miss it one bit. Definitely much healthier.

    I've been going through writer's block lately and I hope you don't mind me poking around your old xanga poems for inspiration. I miss having you on xanga, but I'm glad to see you're still writing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.