Sunday, February 21, 2010

A lost cause

Ever feel like a lost cause? Like the sort of thing people can get behind, but the food they're sending for the kids in Africa is rotting on the beaches? Sometimes I forget that it's okay to put one foot in front of the other, to chip away at life for a while. Not everyday is Broadway lights and singing in the rain.

But I'd like a lot more of them to be. Which means I have to take control of my life, quit plodding and start dancing, choose my steps and my words more carefully.

I have this friend, and she knows what her dreams are, and I really kind of pity her. Because truth be told, I want to finish this novel, I want to teach, but even now at age 37, my dreams are as unarticulated as my words. And that's okay-- because there is nothing more powerful in this world, nothing as hope inducing as possibility.

I choose to live in possibility, shielding my eyes against your brightness, happy in the shadow for now.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I just named my recent blog "Lost Causes," and then came over here and saw this (again). Funny. Not intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No lost cause. Only possibilities. Stay Stay Stay in the Word. Only It can bring growth and reality to Life John 17:17 Expect no lasting change apart from the Power of the Living Word/Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, there's nothing wrong with just letting the wind blow you where it will. Sometimes I find the best views that way.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Mi comment box es su comment box.